Leaf & Ground, Dursley, Gloucestershire
Flexible Contract, circa 32 hours per week
We are looking for a passionate and diligent Deli Assistant with fresh food experience to help manage our 150m2 deli.
Leaf & Ground is an exciting and ambitious food, garden and countryside business offering our customers a unique experience in a stunning Cotswold location.
You will provide our customers with a memorable shopping experience through excellent customer service, advice and efficient till and deli counter operation. You will be well presented, polite, outgoing and friendly and able to quickly build a good rapport with customers. Developing your understanding of the qualities and provenance of the food and drink on sale you will use this knowledge to advise customers.
You will deputise for the Deli Manager in their absence maintain and replenish stock and perform general shop floor housekeeping using your eye for detail to ensure displays are attractive whilst meeting all hygiene and Food Safety requirements.
- Bring your knowledge and enthusiasm for food and drink into everything you do
- Ensure that the food hall is maintained to a high standard and that shelves and counters are fully stocked
- Assist the Deli Manager in ordering stock, receiving deliveries and managing levels
- Deputise for the Deli Manager in their absence
- Undertake opening, closing and cash routines
- Minimise wastage and shrinkage
- Develop a comprehensive product knowledge and advise customers accordingly
- Uphold strict hygiene protocols and ensure that all Food Safety requirements such as temperature checks and cleaning schedules are met
- Assist in food handling and preparation, including using a meat slicer
- Process sales accurately using the point of sale system and follow the correct procedures
- Ensure that you are always smart, professional and courteous
- The above duties are not exhaustive and, from time to time, you may be required to perform other functions
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and drink
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a role working with fresh food
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Confident in working behind a deli counter
- Punctual, committed, self-motivated, professional and flexible
- Computer literate
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Health and Safety conscious
- This position will involve lifting and carrying